Once you have had your baby, your next visit in the rooms is usually scheduled between 6 to 8 weeks post delivery. Although your follow up visit is scheduled around this time, we encourage you to call the rooms on 8364 3642 if you have any queries or concerns. A follow up appointment can be scheduled or sooner than 6 weeks if you or Dr Chandler feel you require a review.
Attunga Obstetrics and Gynaecology is partnered with Blissful Beginnings to offer obstetric patients the opportunity to have a postnatal visit in the comfort of their own home. Mandy, accredited lactation consultant and owner of Blissful Beginnings, has previously worked as a midwife here in the rooms, and is able to work closely with us to ensure you feel supported once you take your baby home. Mandy’s home visit includes:
- Baby weighing and advice about feeding
- Breastfeeding reassurance and help
- Bottle-feeding information and assistance if needed
- Settling your baby
- Wound care
- Prescriptions for medications if required
- Liaising with your obstetrician and paediatrician if necessary
- Referrals to other health providers
- General help and support for new
For more information please visit http://maternityservices.com.au/ or contact Attunga Obstetrics and Gynaecology on 8364 3642.